Back in 2015, Amazon launched Prime Day to celebrate their 20th Anniversary. Nine years later, it has become a yearly tradition and is something Vendors and Sellers rely on to jump start sales prior to the Holiday Season boost.
At this point, Sellers only have a couple of weeks to a month to prepare for a successful Prime Day in 2023 — read on for our best tips and for key dates that have been announced!
What Do We Know about Prime Day 2023 So Far?
In typical Amazon-fashion, the official dates for Prime Day have not yet been released. Most likely, we won’t know until around a few weeks prior — we are keeping our eyes peeled and will update this article when that information becomes available.
For now, the following deadlines have been confirmed:
- Sellers must create their Prime Day deals by April 28, 2023, to participate.
- Sellers must ensure their inventory arrives at Amazon’s US fulfillment centers by June 15, 2023.
We recommend FBA Sellers to get way ahead of Amazon on the deadlines, and to have your inventory arrive at FBA no later than June 7. This allows time for their fulfillment teams to move the units onto the shelves, making the inventory available for sale.
Our Top 3 Tips a Successful Prime Day this Year
Aside from just making sure your FBA products are available for sale during Prime Day – there's a lot more that goes into preparing for the event. Brands, regardless of whether you’re using Vendor or Seller Central (or even FBM vs. FBA) should followed these Top 3 Tips:
- Don’t forget to create Deals — it’s easy to forget to create your deals for Prime Day, especially with the deadline coming around the corner. Sit down and get your Prime Day Deals submitted ASAP so you can check if off your list.
- Have a Solid Advertising Strategy — If you’re not advertising your products during Prime Day, you are at a disadvantage. Most of your competitors are advertising, and if you’re not competing, it will reflect in your sales dramatically.
- Troubleshoot Your Inactive ASINS — Do you know how many of your products are suppressed/inactive right now? If left unresolved, you won’t get any sales on those products during Prime Day (or ever, for that matter). Now is the time to throw all hands-on deck to work out any kinks in your selling catalog while there’s still time!
With the constant updates in online marketplaces, it’s important to stay current with the latest changes. If you are interested in learning more about how Blue Wheel can help aid your brand efforts in online marketplaces, schedule a consultation with our team!