Although initially launched in 2015 – for several months now, Seller Fulfilled Prime enrollment has been paused. This means Sellers cannot currently join the program, and that the only sellers with access had enrolled prior to the pause. Fortunately, Amazon has just announced that they will finally reopen Enrollments for Sellers on October 1, 2023!
What is Seller Fulfilled Prime?
In many ways, the SFP Program has helped even out the playing field between FBA & FBM Sellers – as it provides a way for both selling methods to get the Prime Badge. FBM (Fulfillment by Merchant) Sellers who are enrolled in the program receive the Prime Badge on their Product’s Search & PDPs (Product Display Pages) on offerings with 1-Day or 2-Day Shipping.
Why Enroll in SFP?
For many Amazon Shoppers – seeing that Prime Badge is critical in terms of converting the sale. Because of this, many Merchant Fulfilled Sellers tend to have lower sales volumes compared to FBA (Fulfilled by Amazon) Sellers. Some shoppers hesitate to even click on a product without the Prime logo showing in the search results. In turn, having that Prime Badge will lead to more Organic Sales and better Ranking.
If you’re an FBM Seller who has seen consistent sales over time, it’s hard to find a reason not to enroll in SFP. As a rule of thumb, if you’re seeing success as an FBM Seller, you will generally see even greater success with the Prime Badge added (whether that’s via FBA or SFP). To join the waitlist, visit the Seller Fulfilled Prime Page and click “Join the Waitlist”.
SFP Requirements & Guidelines:
- On-time shipment rate of at least 99%
- Use of Buy Shipping for at least 99% of orders
- A cancellation rate of no more than 0.5%
- An on-time delivery rate of at least 97% on Prime orders when shipping is purchased outside of Buy Shipping services
- Nationwide delivery coverage for all standard-size products on Prime-enabled shipping templates.
- Weekend operation six days a week, including either Saturday or Sunday operation.
- Weekend delivery for standard-size Prime products six days a week, including either Saturday or Sunday delivery.
- Delivery speed targets for One-Day and Two-Day delivery promises
New Requirements as of August 8, 2023:
Sellers interested in enrolling in Seller Fulfilled Prime must first pre-qualify and complete the 30-Day trial. After 30 days, Amazon will check your performance to make sure you’re still meeting the requirements. From there, it will be determined whether you’re eligible to continue selling through the Seller Fulfilled Prime program. Pre-qualification requirements include:
- Have a domestic US address as your default shipping address
- Have an Amazon Professional selling account
- Meet the following criteria over the past 90 days:
- Self-fulfilled at least 100 packages
- Cancellation rate less than 2.5%
- Valid tracking rate greater than 95%
- Late shipment rate less than 4%
If you’re a client looking for more information, contact your account team! If you’re interested in learning more about how Blue Wheel can aid in your brand efforts in online marketplaces, schedule a consultation with our team, we would love to hear from you.